Tamworth Green Party will be standing a record number of candidates in next month’s Borough Council Elections.
The Greens will be represented in more wards than ever before across the borough, providing voters with the option of supporting genuinely progressive candidates on Thursday, May 3rd.*
In total, candidates will contest six wards and be promoting core Green Party principles such as:
- Rebuilding our economy
- Bringing the railways back into public hands
- Keeping the public at the heart of the NHS, preventing privatisation by stealth
- Education being free for all
- Action on climate change with a fierce opposition to fracking.
For full details of all Green Party policies, please visit the Green Party Policy website.
The names of the candidates and the wards they will contest are as follows:
Amington – Andrew Tilley
Belgrave – Lesley Edmunds
Glascote – Kevin Jones
Mercian – John Scattergood
Trinity – Wil Goodridge
Wilnecote – Nicola Holmes.
* The election for the Glascote ward has been rescheduled for Friday, May 25th, following the death of previous Green Party candidate Sarah Walters.